Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AP Exam

I've never taken any AP classes before, and I'm really nervous for the exam. In the SATs, I always do the worst in the English reading and literature sections. I like to take my time and read all the choices carefully. I get the lowest score on that section because I NEVER have time to finish it. If I do finish, I'm never completely sure of my answers. I second guess myself all the time and sometimes I'm right. I didn't realize that the AP Exam had a section like that until after I signed up for the class, even though it's pretty obvious that an English exam should include reading comprehension multiple choice questions. In class today, I  tried the multiple choice questions, and although I left one blank because I was unsure, I got to almost all 13 questions in 15 minutes. I know that I should work on time management and try to get everything done, but I don't want to rush and misinterpret the passages either. Hopefully, I'l do better than usual and have enough time to get everything done. It's a huge relief to know that we can get half of the multiple choice questions wrong and 5's on the essays and still get a 3 on the exam. I definitely want to get a score higher than a 3, but just in case I mess up my questions, I'm relieved.

No comments: