Monday, April 13, 2009

Ung Reading

I really did enjoy the book, "First they Killed my Father". I thought that the way Ung wrote (very clearly and brief) helped to move the book along rather quickly. Also, she was able to sneak in longer and more decorated sentences when detail was necessary without the reader losing their reading "flow". The saddest part of the book for me was when her friend's head is blown off when they were in one of the camps running away from the government. I could never imagine going through half of the experiences that Ung did, and for that I give her so much credit. Another sad point to the book was when Ung returned to her family, and they did not recieve her for she had turned into someone different than they knew. One of my greatest fears is not being accepted by my family, so this really hit home with me.

No comments: