Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Jennings and Country Music
I've heard a lot of negative comments about Jennings's book. The interesting thing about these comments is that few of them are about the way he rights or about his rhetoric. Most of them are simply about the subject matter: country music. I think that a lot of people had problems getting into the memoir simply because the subject matter is dense and, for some, hard to relate to. As for me, I really enjoy this memoir. Reason? I really enjoy country music. So when I read Jennings's thoughts on Johnny Cash's first album and Hank Williams and other country music staples, I can't help be interested. I think that this says a lot about what people want out of their reading material. In the end, the readers must be interested in the subject matter. Some people loathe the very core of country music. Those people may very well loathe the very core of Jennings's memoir. That's just how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment