Thursday, May 21, 2009
sing me back home
Although it isn't a book that I would pick up and read at my own leisure, I can see how someone with a deep heartfelt appreciation for music of any genre (not necessarily country) could read Sing Me Back Home and relate to the idea of certain songs and artists narrating one's daily life. Although I do love music, I personally can't relate to one music genre or artist setting the tone for my entire childhood, and perhaps it's that fact that makes reading Sing Me Back Home a difficult task for me to undertake. However, while I may not necessarily agree, I can certainly appreciate both the undeniable outpour of pure emotion that Jennings has penned in his autobiography, as well as the unique writing style of a comprehensive country music guidebook infused with humorous and jolting personal anecdotes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment